Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
OK, not actually secret, but out of this world!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey if you prefer)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion white
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper (Seasoned to taste)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add onions to the beef and cook for a few minutes to add the onion flavor to the meat.
- Drain and add beef to a large stew pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Use the Tomato Paste can, fill with water (filtered is best) and add to the pot.
- Chilli powder, Garlic, Salt and Pepper should be added to suit your palate. Usually, I coat the top of the mixture with a very thin layer of each.
- Bring to a boil.
- Immediately lower heat to simmer.
- Allow sauce to simmer for at least 2.5 hours - 3-3.5 is better.
- Serve on your favorite pasta. The letover sauce can be frozen and reheated to make at leat 3 meals for a family of 4.