Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ths is my moms recipe... It is so good and so easy!
Make and share this Mom's Seafood Gumbo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced (canned is fine)
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups seafood stock
- 2 lbs raw cleaned shrimp
- 1 cup crabmeat (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb chicken chunks or 1 lb sausage, chunks
- 2 -3 cups okra
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- Dice and sauté bacon in the pot you plan to use. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and sauté about 5 minutes. Add parsley, tomatoes and stock. Cook till all vegetables are soft.
- Add all the meats, okra and rice.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve hot.