Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ths is my moms recipe... It is so good and so easy!
Make and share this Mom's Seafood Gumbo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced (canned is fine)
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups seafood stock
- 2 lbs raw cleaned shrimp
- 1 cup crabmeat (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb chicken chunks or 1 lb sausage, chunks
- 2 -3 cups okra
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- Dice and sauté bacon in the pot you plan to use. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and sauté about 5 minutes. Add parsley, tomatoes and stock. Cook till all vegetables are soft.
- Add all the meats, okra and rice.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve hot.