Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one came from my mother's old edition of The Joy of Cooking
- 2 pints oysters
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk, not skimmed
- Drain Oysters. Add lemon juice to melted butter.
- Butter a shallow baking dish. Put in a layer of oysters, half the crackers and half the lemon butter. Repeat layers. Add enough milk to moisten well.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- * Delicious topped with dry sherry after being removed from the oven.