Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's pork pot pie, which I haven't had in a long time. It is not creamy like most pot pies but rather rich, meaty, and juicy. Always better the next day, if it can last that long. You might want to make two for that very reason. All measurements are approximate.
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 2 -3 cups cooked pork, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- seasoning (seasoning packet from chicken and veggie Ramen Noodles)
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Cook bite size potato pieces in a small amount of water until almost tender.
- Add vegetables and chunks of pork and heat through.
- Drain most of the water.
- Add onion, Ramen noodle seasoning packet, salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
- Pour mixture into crust and top with crust.
- Cut 3-4 slits in top crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until crust is well browned.