Recipe by Julesong
During the holidays when I'm visiting with my family, one of the things my mom and sisters and I do is to swap recipes. Mom has a notebook stuffed full of recipes she's saved since she was first married, and this is her favorite dressing from that collection, one she makes on a regular basis. Delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for oils and whir until smooth.
- While blender is running, gradually add the oils a tablespoon at a time until dressing is well emulsified.
- Serve over your favorite salad greens and enjoy!
- Store tightly sealed in refrigerator; keeps up to two weeks.
- Note: although the recipe does not specify the type of vinegar to use, I'd experiment with various sorts: white, rice, cider, white wine, champagne, or even add a tiny bit of white balsamic.