Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A favorite at church carry-ins over 40 years ago...a simple burger is simply sauced and baked. We serve it with parsley potatoes, a green veggie and a nice soft rolls.
- 680.38 g ground beef, not too lean
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 354.88 ml ketchup
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml brown sugar or 9.85 ml white sugar
- 158.51 ml water
- Combine beef with 1 teaspoons cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Form into 6 patties and place in an 8" x 8" casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well to form a sauce. Pour evenly over, around, and "under" the beef patties. l.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes OR at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes, (depending on what else you might be baking).
- Let rest 5 minutes and serve.