Recipe by Lise in Indiana
A favorite at church carry-ins over 40 years ago...a simple burger is simply sauced and baked. We serve it with parsley potatoes, a green veggie and a nice soft rolls.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, not too lean
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef with 1 teaspoons cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Form into 6 patties and place in an 8" x 8" casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well to form a sauce. Pour evenly over, around, and "under" the beef patties. l.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes OR at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes, (depending on what else you might be baking).
- Let rest 5 minutes and serve.