Recipe by Iluv2cook59
My mom in law always made this when we had braai's (barbecues) - a little more or less on the alchohol is your descretion ;-0)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 7 cm piece cinnamon sticks
- 500 ml granulated sugar
- 750 ml water
- 2 (750 ml) bottles red wine (750ml each)
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 liter soda water
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the orange and lemon slices in a large mixing bowl and add the stick cinnamon.
- Slowly melt the sugar in the water and boil for 2 minutes. Pour the syrup over the fruit and allow to stand for at least 4 hours (I normally make mine the day before)
- Add the red wine and the brandy and chill.
- Add the soda water and ice cubes just before serving.
- Makes 3.5 litres.