Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mother put this recipe in a cookbook. "Tastes for the Intelligent Palate"
- 6 pork chops
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 slices lemons
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil in skillet with garlic 15 minutes on Medium- High heat.
- When chops are browned on both sides, remove garlic and discard it.
- Move chops to 1 side. Add sugar, cornstarch and rosemary to skillet.
- Lower heat. Stir. Add water slowly, stirring to mix.
- Cook and stir until thick and clear.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Place a lemon slice on each chop.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Uncover. Cook 10 minutes longer until fork tender.