Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that I have come up with over the years. My family loves it.
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste with garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- pickled jalapeno pepper (I remove the seeds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- In a large stock pot, cook onions and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
This recipe is a keeper! I didn't drain the pineapple tidbits and this recipe cooks up so well, the aromas are enticing and the flavors marvelous!