Recipe by rickoholic83
This has been a favorite in our family for as long as I can remember. I use it on tacos, chimichangas, with chips, tamales, enchiladas, burritos, scrambled eggs, taco salads, Mexican rice, huevos rancheros, fried potatoes...you get the point. This recipe is an ATTEMPT to get the spices right since Mom doesn't measure the ingredients. (Nor do I.) ;) Feel free to adjust seasonings to your taste. Please note: The salsa needs to sit in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours for the flavors to meld.
Top Review by sloe cooker
Loved this easy recipe. I adore cilantro and added a handful and added chopped onion then blended everything in a food processor. Refrigerated overnight. It thickened up somewhat and had developed a wonderful fresh flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe rickoholic83.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (We use Hunt's brand)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- NOTE: I use an empty, clean mayonnaise jar to make this. Put all the ingredients in the jar, cover and shake well. Stick in the fridge to have on hand whenever you need it.