Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my mom found on allrecipes that she adapted for me - the substitution of Splenda because I'm diabetic and the substitution of rice flour because of my intolerance to gluten. What's great is you can't tell the difference! Note to the diabetics out there: it's not sugar free but very much reduced in sugar. Still, it wouldn't be the holidays without this dish.
- In a large stockpot, cover the sweet potatoes (with the skins on) with 1" of water; boil for 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, allow to cool, and remove the skins.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl, and beat until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low, and add Splenda, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- Allow any potato "fibers" to remain on the beater and remove. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping in a small bowl by whisking together the brown sugar Splenda, rice flour, butter, and pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly.