1/2 Photos of Mom's Rum Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Suzanna Marie's Note:
Mom made this cake for years, especially for bake sales. She dressed it up so nice with her rum glaze and maraschino cherries. She says don't be shy with the rum glaze, generously pricking with cooking fork and saturating with turkey baster! What can I tell you? Mom's Rum Cake was the first to go at bake sales. Wonder if the secret to her 88 years is rum. See Mom's Mincemeat Pie recipe. No matter what, mom always baked like she wrapped gifts--with tender, loving care.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle nuts over bottom of greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.
- 2Mix all cake ingredients and pudding mix together; pour batter over nuts.
- 3BAKE AT 325 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 4Set on rack to cool; then invert on serving plate.
- 5GLAZE: Melt butter or oleo in saucepan; stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in rum.
- 6Generously prick top, sides, and inside ring of cake with cooking fork.
- 7Using turkey baster, soak and then brush glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
- 8Garnish with whole maraschino cherries and a border of sugar frosting, cool whip or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 492.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g