Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have carried this absolutely delicious secret around for years, making it for guests and relatives on occasion. It gets raves each time. Sue Domnick, a fine chef from Peoria, Illinois gets credit for creating this wonderful taste.
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- plain meat tenderizer
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 5⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Prick meat on both sides with fork.
- Sprinkle lightly with water and plain meat tenderizer.
- Place meat in large ziplock bag or other non-metal container.
- Mix and add ¼ cup Soy Sauce, ¼ cup Cooking Sherry, ¼ cup Tarragon Vinegar, and 1/2 tsp pepper to meat.
- Marinate 2 hours in fridge, turning meat every 1/2 hour.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, salt, and remaining pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes more.
- Transfer steak to large pan.
- Arrange vegetable mixture lengthwise on steak.
- Roll starting on long side, holding together with toothpicks.
- Arrange on foil and brush with marinade.
- Broil in oven 5 to 10 minutes per side, depending on preference OR Grill until desired temperature.
- Cut lenthwise on bias to serve.