Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the sauce my mom always cooked her roasts in. It makes the entire house smell amazing. The meat tastes awesome and if you cook with potatoes and carrots you will die they taste so yummy. After the roast is finished cooking I thicken the liquid in the pan for gravy and have to yell at my husband not to eat the gravy with a spoon!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- In a medium saucepan, simmer diced onion in butter until tender.
- Add Catsup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, worcestershire, salt, mustard, and pepper.
- Stir and heat until it boils.
- Pour over roast of your choice and veggies if desired. Bake your roast as you normally would.