1/2 Photos of Mom's Roast Beef
1 hr 15 mins
This is my mother's recipe and she swears you should follow it as listed if you want a fool proof result of juicy, tender, medium rare roast beef. It is my Old Man's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I am estimating the ingredient amounts. It really depends on the size of the roast you want to cook. I used a 5.5 lb roast last time and it came out perfect.
- 2Rinse and pat dry roast.
- 3Cover all sides of roast with coat of butter. Use as much butter as required to cover.
- 4Pat all sides of roast with flour. Use as much flour as required to cover.
- 5Cook roast in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 6Remove roast, cover with foil and let sit for 20 minutes.
- 7To make gravy (recommended), spoon of fat from pan drippings.
- 8Put pan over heat and mix in 1/3 cup flour and salt (to taste). Use a slotted spoon to scrape the pan and combine in pan drippings from the roast.
- 9Mix in water and flour and continue stirring and adding water and flour until gravy reaches desired thickness.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.6
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 46.0 g