Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
Everyone loves slices of this fork-tender roast beef and its savory gravy. This well-seasoned roast is Mom's specialty.
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 1133.98 g beef eye round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml brewed coffee
- 236.59 ml water, divided
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Add onion and cook until transparent. Add coffee, 3/4 cup water, bouillon, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove roast and slice. Pass the gravy.