Recipe by NickieT63
My Mom came up with this recipe when I was a little girl and it became famous in our family for it's ease and good taste. The cooking process yields a wonderful gravy without the work.
Top Review by Jess&Ramon
I used these ingredients, because it's the same as my mom's recipe. She usually makes it in an electric skillet, but i really wanted to use a slow cooker. Next time I will follow these directions but I didn't think to look the recipe up recipezaar, until after I finished cooking it. Both Ramon and I loved it. I served it with egg noodles.
- 2 -4 lbs bone-in chuck roast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place roast on sheet of aluminum foil in a 13 X 9 inch baking pan or any roasting pan with at least 1 inch tall side to it. In a small bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, onion soup and water and mix well. Pour over the roast and close the foil around the meat and soup mixture being careful to close it well so there isn't any leaking.
- Cook at 375 degrees, 30 minutes per pound or until meat is tender and falls apart.