Barbi Ebby's Note:
a quick easy large quanity of YUMMY rice crispy treats. like my mom loves to make. also some mixins if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) bags small marshmallows
- 1 (18 ounce) box of rice crispy rice cereal
- wax paper
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11.already have your cereal separated into the two bowls.
- 2i ususally have a small amount left in the bottom of the cereal bag.
- 3have 4 pieces of wax paper layed out just a little longer than a cookie sheet.
- 4plan of action is when the marshmallow is melted to pour 1/2 into a bowl (have a helper) then press it out between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- 52.melt stick of butter in large pot.
- 6start adding marshmallows 1 bag at a time until melted on medium-high heat.
- 7continuously stir the mixture until fully melted.
- 83. have a helper help you pour half the mix into one of the bowls and mix it up while you keep stiring. they can mix and pour it onto a piece of wax paper then press another piece down on top to flatten it.
- 94. keep stirring the mix you can add in the 3 heaping spoonfuls of peanutbutter if you'd like to try peanutbutter flavored crispies and repeat step 3. or you can leave them plain.
- 105. you can also put chocolate chips in with the cereal if you'd like chocolate chip crispies. or you can melt the chocolate and drizzle it on top of the plane crispies when your done.
- 11YUM very gooey!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Rice Crispy Treats
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g