Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipes don't get much easier than this one. In the winter Mom would serve this with roasted chicken, oven cooked green beans and warm rolls. Everything was cooked in the oven which filled the house with wonderful smells and free heat. :-)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked not instant
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can onion soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces beef bouillon
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- Combine all in greased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Cover and cook 1 hour at 325.
- Remove cover, stir and cook another 1/2 hour.
Wonderful rice racrgal, I wont be buying the rice mixes at the store anymore! I used brown rice, a can of Campbells French Onion soup, Swanson's Beef Broth, and fresh mushrooms that I quartered and sliced. The timing was right on and the rice was seasoned perfectly. DH loved it too, I will be making this again!Served with ~Jen~'s Recipe #316070 and made and reviewed for the Zaar Tag game.