Recipe by CongoGirl
This is my co-worker's recipe from her mom. The pineapple and extra raisins make them a bit different than the other recipes on this site. I think they are the best raisin bran muffins ever, and the batter keeps in the fridge for up to 3 months. I make two every morning in my toaster oven and take them with me to work. Yum!
- 1 (18 -20 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour (I use part whole wheat)
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and pineapple and stir until mixed.
- Mix in the additional raisins.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (don't use liners.).
- Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- The batter may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three months. I think this recipe improves with age as the raisin bran flakes have time to soak up the liquids more.