Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is my co-worker's recipe from her mom. The pineapple and extra raisins make them a bit different than the other recipes on this site. I think they are the best raisin bran muffins ever, and the batter keeps in the fridge for up to 3 months. I make two every morning in my toaster oven and take them with me to work. Yum!
- 1 (18 -20 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour (I use part whole wheat)
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and pineapple and stir until mixed.
- Mix in the additional raisins.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (don't use liners.).
- Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- The batter may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three months. I think this recipe improves with age as the raisin bran flakes have time to soak up the liquids more.
Love this recipe,, great tasting and love that you can keep some batter in fridge for later... I added strawberries one time, banana another time...thank you for the recipe
These are delicious and healthy! I'm doing as suggested, and leaving the batter in the 'fridge as I make a few at a time. Thanks, CongoGirl! Made for PAC Fall '09.