Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
We made this every year when I was growing up. I couldn't wait for it to mellow for a few hours; I would just dig in right away. My daughter says she has frozen this with good results. It makes a big batch.
- Wash and pick through cranberries.
- Core and quarter apples.
- Seed and quarter orange.
- Grind in food processor starting with the orange, and then add apples and cranberries. You can do in batches so you don't over process it.
- We used a hand crank grinder to make this when I was a child.
- Add sugar (in the 50's we used 2 cups of sugar, so taste after a couple hours and adjust per your personal preferences).
- Let marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight.