Recipe by najwa
Yummy breaded sandwiches my mom made during ramadan. Can be served as an appetizer, but use a small cutter. Use different fillings if you like, next time i plan to try salami, cheese and salsa .. can be fried, baked or broiled, whatever you prefer ..
Top Review by Epi-curious
This is wonderful if you deep fry the sandwiches. They remind me of an empanada, but are so much easier. I have made similar sandwiches using biscuit dough, but sliced bread is a much cheaper alternative. I used rotisserie chicken, mayonnaise, steamed broccoli, colby jack cheese, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper. They came out amazing. By the way, I crimped the edges together using a fork to seal in the ingredients before dipping in the egg wash and crumbs. I also added a dash of seasoning salt to the bread crumbs, just for added flavor. Yummmmmmy!!!
- 6 slice bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cooked
- tomatoes, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- light mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut out (using a round cookie cutter) a circle out of the bread slices.
- Shred the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Prepare the sandwiches: spread with mayo, layer with chicken, tomato and lettuce.
- Press down the sandwich using your hand, this makes the next step easier.
- Dip into the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Be sure to cover the sides of the sandwich as well.
- Fry in a little oil until golden-brown.
- Can be baked or deep-fried as well.