1 hr 30 mins
This was my mom's favorite cookie recipe. In fact, I don't remember her making any other cookies (besides chocolate chip). I think the "rocks" are the walnuts. I'm totally guessing at the "time to make" and number of cookies it makes because I bake cookies even less frequently than Mom did. Please feel free to correct
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put raisins in a large sauce pan. Add enough water to the pan to cover the raisins.
- 2Simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat. Add baking soda to pan and let cool. Drain when cool.
- 4Cream butter and sugar together.
- 5Add salt, eggs, spices, vanilla, flour, walnuts, and drained raisins. Mix well.
- 6Drop by rounded tablespoons on a greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees apx 12 minutes per batch.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Raisin Rock Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2039.9
- Calories from Fat 843
- Total Fat 93.7 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 374.1 mg
- Sodium 1034.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 285.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 165.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g