Recipe by jdickerson3113
I love this tweaked recipe because it taste awesome kids love it and only takes 45 min with prep to complete
- 13 ounces smoked turkey sausage (skinless preferred by me)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies, I like mild to add some spice)
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter (for flavor and to assist in thickening the sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage as desired
- Dice onions
- Start rice i.e. add 2 cups rice to 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter bring to boil and simmer with lid for 15 mins
- while the rice is cooking fry sausage for 15 mins or until desired add 3 tablespoon of butter in still hot skillet and saute onions pour in rotel and stir for 5 to 7 mins reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve sausage and sauce over rice and enjoy.