Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Family pumpkin pie recipe, it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without mom's pumpkin pie. Makes 2 pies.
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 unbaked 8 inch pie crusts (keep in refrigerator)
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the entire pie shell for each pie with egg white, and place in the refrigerator (prevents filling from soaking into crust).
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; mix well.
- Pour filling evenly between the two unbaked pie shells.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- ,and continue baking 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool.
This is a really good recipe and so easy!! my husband loves pumkin pie and he said this was one of the best! thanks ..
I found this recipe very fast and easy to make.It was a big hit at Thanksgiving and I would consider making it again.My only problem was that it took me a little longer to cook than the recipe said,but this could be due to having a different oven.It was easy to fix,i just kept it in a little longer.For a little extra flavor,I also added a little pinch of ground clove.
We found this much better than the standard pumpkin pie recipe that I make from the Libby's label. This will become my standard pie recipe. Like Veruca Salt, my pie took longer to get done. I made two 9" deep dish pies and it took 65 min. at the reduced temperature to get done.