Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Family pumpkin pie recipe, it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without mom's pumpkin pie. Makes 2 pies.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the entire pie shell for each pie with egg white, and place in the refrigerator (prevents filling from soaking into crust).
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; mix well.
- Pour filling evenly between the two unbaked pie shells.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- ,and continue baking 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool.