This year my mom brought to Thanksgiving dinner a pan of what the original recipe called "brownies" but looked more like a sheet cake. After taking a taste of it, I decided I had to type up and post the recipe - it is so wonderfully moist, almost gooey, and absolutely delicious! She clipped the recipe from a magazine, not sure which one. Mom says it was really easy to make. I say you'll love it and will be handing out the recipe to friends. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked and pumpkin puree or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease and flour a 7 1/2 by 11 (not a 9x13 or the pieces will be too thin) inch baking dish.
- 2In a mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin, and sugar.
- 3Add remaining cake ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- 4Pour into the greased and floured dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched; let cool.
- 5With an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- 6Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- 7Add milk to desired texture if too thick, or additional sugar if too thin.
- 8When cake is cool, spread the frosting over the top.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies "
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 49.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g