Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist, sweet and delicious. As an alternative to the glaze, try it warm out of the oven topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Mm mm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease two loaf pans (medium to large size pans).
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Cream sugar and shortening, add eggs and beat well. Then mix in pumpkin and lastly dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and back an additional 20 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk to make a thin glaze, poor over top before fully cool.