Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe that my mom has made for as long as I can remember - definitely a family favorite. I recommend serving with a cream cheese spread.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (or Squash)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - Grease two loaf pans.
- - Cream oil and sugar.
- - Add eggs, pumpkin and water.
- - In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- - Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- - Bake 65-75 minutes.
This makes a very moist loaf, but I would cut the amount of sugar next time (1 1/3 cup per loaf seems really high to me), and double the cinnamon, or add nutmeg, etc., since it was a bit bland. The yield says 1 loaf, but the instructions say two. I cut the ingredients in half to make 1 loaf. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.