Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Every fall, we looked forward to Mom making this family recipe with fresh Italian prunes. Canned prunes can also be used or any other canned fruit. It isn't a very sweet cake, but the powdered sugar drizzle adds just the right touch. Enjoy!
- Melt butter. Mix in sugar, milk, egg, flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Grease 9x13 cookie sheet and spread batter around pan.
- Lay halved prunes on top of batter with small amount of juice, if using canned prunes.
- Combine streusel ingredients until blended and crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 325°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While still warm, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until you have a thin frosting. Drizzle around the pan in the amount that you prefer.
- Cut into squares.