Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy potato and egg soup. Comforting on a cold day or night by the fire. My mother made this often for our family growing up. My husband and I love it as comfort food.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- butter or margarine
- Cook onion and celery in butter til tender, not brown.
- Add water, potatoes and eggs, in shell and washed, and cook until potatoes are tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Put back in with potates.
- Add evaporated milk, salt, pepper.
- Put little bit of butter on top of soup in bowl.
A ver "homey" tasting soup. It's basic and nothing fancy, but it's really great. I loved the bits of hard-boiled eggs. I reduced the cooking butter to 2 tbsp and used fat free evapoated milk to cut some fat calories. I did float a pat of butter on top to serve. Thanx for sharing!