Recipe by WI Cheesehead
My mom used to make this often. It's NOT tater tots! Great warming winter meal. NOTE: Don't skip the dill weed. It makes the whole meal.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes (4 cups prepared)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Hungry Jack mashed potatoes. Substitute cottage cheese for milk.
- Stir in dill. Care should be taken not to get potatoes pasty.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Add onion five minutes before end of browning.
- Stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Add mixed vegetables and 2 cans of soup - DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Pour hamburger mix into 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Spoon potato mix on top of hamburger mix to make individual clumps for each serving.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.