1/1 Photo of Mom's Pot Roast
3 hrs 20 mins
This is an old family recipe and it is the only pot roast recipe that I ever make. It is deceptively simple but the flavours just seem to go together incredibly well. The taste is quite different from the usual. Don't be tempted to put in more water than is called for. The moisture comes out of the onions and the meat and you end up with a delicious broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven, brown the pot roast in the oil.
- 2This will take about 15 minutes to get all surfaces browned.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 4Lower the heat and simmer very slowly for 3 hours.
- 5Take the roast out and keep warm.
- 6Strain the gravy (serve the onions as a side dish).
- 7Mix the flour with water and thicken the gravy if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: