Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom used to make this all the time, especially when we were sick. She never had a recipe for anything...just used estimations. Check while cooking to see if you need more/less water. Serve on the side with a shrimp omelette for a light lunch.
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 ham hocks (you can also use chicken bones)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- Rinse starch from rice. Add water, ham hocks, and sesame oil.
- Boil for approximately 2 hours or until desired consistency. Add water as needed.
- If using chicken boullion, stir it inches.
- Drizzle on soy sauce. If not using soy sauce, add salt to taste.