Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Comfort Food For Me! Great with Fried Pork Tenderloin & a sluice salad
- pour 1 can pork n beans into skillet.
- Add 1 can water, salt and pepper.
- 2 TBLS.Bacon grease. Or three to four strips of bacon.
- Bring to a boil, simmer until beans are tender and broth is as thick as you like it!
- Make top of the stove Baked Beans!Add chopped onion, syrup, or brown sugar.Experiment
You can make this top of the stove Baked Beans by adding some chopped onion, ketchup, brown sugar or syrup. If you do not want to use bacon grease use 4 slices of raw bacon.
These were a easy and tasty bean. I tried the add ins you listed. The only problem I had was that my beans didn't thicken up as much as I would have liked so next time I would add less water. Thanks Rhonda O.