Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This goulash with pork is a bit milder than the beef version I've posted. Best served with pasta, rice or quinoa . Also done in the slow-cooker.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing pork
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, amount can be adjusted depending on personal preference
- chicken broth
- white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- allspice, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Saute pork in hot oil to brown on all sides. You may want to divide it into two batches to ensure it browns evenly. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Allow the pan to cool a little and add some more oil. Cook the onion and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix. Add broth or water and stir until smooth. Season and transfer to slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Add to slow cooker, add bay leaf and stir. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Adjust seasoning as neccessary. If goulash looks too watery close to end of cooking time, make a slurry (flour or cornstarch mixed with water or chicken broth) and add to pot, stir and cook on high for 15-20 minutes.