- 12 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups margarine, melted
- anise seed, to taste
- 1 teaspoon anise extract (optional)
- 2 slices vanilla
- 1 large orange, grated rind and strained juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and foamy.
- Add melted margarine a little at a time. Add anise seed, anise flavoring, vanilla, grated rind and orange juice. Gradually add flour to make very light dough, light enough to drop on the pizzelle maker with a spoon.
- Preheat pizzelle maker and grease with margarine just before using.
- Use a knife to push down off from spoon.
- (You can halve this recipe.).