Recipe by Rhonda *J*
My mother has been making this dessert for years now for parties, showers, potlucks, etc..always to rave reviews. These are nice & light as opposed to other rich desserts and are very yummy!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (of your choice pistachios,walnuts,pecans)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 16 ounces (500 ml.) Cool Whip
- 2 packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 500 ml Cool Whip
- chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For 1st Layer: Cream butter,sugar& flour,add nuts.
- Press in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 10 mins.
- at 325.
- For 2nd Layer: Mix cream cheese and sugar at high speed and blend in Cool Whip.
- Spread over COOLED first layer.
- For 3rd Layer: Mix pudding and milk and place in the fridge for 3 minutes and pour over second layer.
- Spread top of dessert with additional Cool Whip (500ml.) and sprinkle with chopped nuts.