Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
My mother has been making this dessert for years now for parties, showers, potlucks, etc..always to rave reviews. These are nice & light as opposed to other rich desserts and are very yummy!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (of your choice pistachios,walnuts,pecans)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 16 ounces (500 ml.) Cool Whip
- 2 packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 500 ml Cool Whip
- chopped nuts
- For 1st Layer: Cream butter,sugar& flour,add nuts.
- Press in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 10 mins.
- at 325.
- For 2nd Layer: Mix cream cheese and sugar at high speed and blend in Cool Whip.
- Spread over COOLED first layer.
- For 3rd Layer: Mix pudding and milk and place in the fridge for 3 minutes and pour over second layer.
- Spread top of dessert with additional Cool Whip (500ml.) and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
I use to make a very similar version of this recipie at work; other pudding recipies work well too; we tried butterscotch and it was creamy and fabulous!!
This is a great recipe! I made a graham crumb crust instead of the shortbread one and it worked out really well! It was really easy to make, too!
Just wanted to add that you could probably use any flavour pudding/ type of nuts you like for variation to this recipe!