Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat in molasses, egg and vinegar.
- Stir flour with ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Blend into batter.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to at least 0.125 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter.
- Place one inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes. Cool slightly; remove cookies to rack and cool.
- Mix shortening, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle over cookies.