Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
She swore by this, said it could "cure" anything. All I know is it tasted great!!
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 3 quarts water
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut in thirds
- 5 celery ribs, cut in thirds
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice, keep hot
- Put chicken pieces and water in soup pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and add next 6 ingredients.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, allow to cool.
- Strain and reserve broth; discard vegetables.
- Put broth back in pot.
- Add carrots to broth and simmer until tender, 15 minutes.
- Debone chicken and cut into cubes.
- Add chicken and chopped parsley to pot.
- Heat through.
- Put hot rice in bowls, ladle broth over the rice.
I forgot to put the stars....it's is definately a 5 star soup.