Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another old family recipe. My great grandparents had a pecan ranch down in Texas until the Depression hit, so pecans have been popular in our family for a long time. This recipe is the culmination of a century of pecan pie baking and tasting!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream (not yet whipped)
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- 2 chilled pie crusts, uncooked
- Cream butter, slowly beat in sugar and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Blend remaining ingredients (except pecans) with mixer.
- Stir in pecans and pour into chilled pie shells. Cover pie shell edge with foil or guard.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes more or until set.
Absolutely delicious! Decadent, easy, and a make-again! Thank you. ^_^
Excellent pecan pie. It's very easy to make and has a light texture to it. Recipe easily scales down to one pie which is what I did. Very nice, will make again.