Recipe by CIndytc
This is a recipe I got from my sister that my mother used to make with the pears from our yard. Putting here for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 7 -8 firm pears, pealed & sliced
- unbaked pie shell, and crust for top
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- sugar nutmeg or cinnamon and flour together.
- Pour over slices pears and mix.
- Pour into a unbaked pie shell.
- Dot with butter.
- Place pie shell on top.
- Cut small holes in top to vent.
- Bake 425 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until nicely browned.
- Cool & serve.