Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
My mom first made these cookies for me back in 1979 when I was just in kindergarden. These unique peanut butter cookies feature the addition of Shredded Wheat cereal which adds a delicious and tasty "crunch" in every bite!
Top Review by flower7
These were very nice! Not much different flavor-wise than any other peanut butter cookies, but the cereal added a different, kinda chewy texture. I used my cookie scoop to dish these out and they were probably larger than intended since I only got 42 fairly big cookies (about 3" across). Even though they were large, they were baked perfectly in 12 minutes. A great way to use cereal that I don't like much by itself! LOL Thanks for the recipe!
- 20 frosted mini-wheats cereal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven@ 350 Crush cereal into shreds.
- Set aside.
- Mix flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Mix rest of ingredients.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheat.
- Criss-cross flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 14 minutes.