Recipe by L-Burden
My mom used to make this recipe all the time. The cookies never lasted long when Dad was in the kitchen! They're easy to make, and soft and chewy. Where's the milk?
Top Review by soonermama
I made these recently for a fun day of watching college football with my family and my son's friends and TRIPLED the recipe. A little bit after halftime, I checked on the status of the spread I had created: not a cookie in sight. If that is not a five star review, I do not know what is! It took just two quarters of a football game for a few adults and several teens to devour the platter... my son told me next time, before his friends come over he will be hiding a stash in his room!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 14 -16 Hershey chocolate kisses (remove paper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, margarine, shortening, peanut butter, and egg. Beat till creamy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Once thoroughly mixed, roll into 1 1/2" balls. Roll balls in a bowl of sugar, coating on all sides. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie while still warm.