1/2 Photos of Mom's Peach Cobbler
Ok, this is really from the 1973 McCall's recipe cards, but it's the recipe my mom always made and I identify it as hers. But, whatever you want to call it, it's fabulous on a cool winter day fresh from the oven and served with melting vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drained (reserve 1/4 cup syrup) or 5 cups peaches, sliced and peeled (about 3 lb)
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup syrup, reserved from canned peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Make filling: in medium bowl, combine peaches, all filling ingredients except butter. Turn into an 8 in x 8 in dish. Dot with butter.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3Make batter: in medium bowl, combine all batter ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop in 9 portions over filling, spacing evenly (batter will spread during baking.).
- 4Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until peaches are tender and crust is golden.
- 5Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g