Recipe by Dapanamakidd
This is a recipe that is done mainly by taste so trust your own tongue!!.... I was raised on this salad but for most people when you say PEA SALAD, they have never had it but it is really good and the kids LOVE it..it's a good way to get kids to eat peas!..It is ALWAYS great for a picnic or BBQ..it is also a conversation starter as it is unique!..VERY important to keep this VERY cold and eat it cold!
Top Review by J-Lynn
Good! Refreshing and different. I didn't have carrots and (oops!) discovered I was out of onion. I rehydrated about 1 Tbsp. of onion flakes before mixing them in. Probably used about 3 Tbsp of mayo in total. Good flavor; might add a little sugar next time (like in 7 Layer Salad).
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas (in fridge to get cold)
- 2 hardboiled egg (in fridge to get cold)
- 1 fresh carrot (washed)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- drain peas.
- cut open eggs and take out yolks, put in bowl and mash with a fork.
- put eggs whites in another bowl and chop really fine.
- chop up onion really fine.
- put peas(DRAINED!), egg yolks, egg whites and about 1/3 cup chopped onions in bowl , add approx 1 tsp of parsley flakes.mix up.
- take carrot and with a knife, SCRAPE down the length, you don't want chunks or bites of carrots, you want VERY thin strips of carrot for color.
- add 1 tbs mayonnaise and mix, keep adding mayo until you get the desired thickness that you want.ENJOY!