Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are my family's favorite dish for Christmas Eve. My brother & I fight over the last ones. DO NOT SUBSTITUE THE CURRANT JELLY-IT'S WHAT MAKES IT.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly
- Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, onion, worcestershire sauce, milk and egg.
- Form into small balls.
- Brown in Crisco.
- Remove meatballs from skillet& drain fat.
- Melt jelly& chili sauce in skillet& add parsley.
- Stir constantly.
- Add meatballs back to skillet& simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish or on a warming tray.
These meatballs are great. The best sauce. I also make smaller meatballs for appetizers. I have also used grape jelly and it tastes just as good.