Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Add cut strawberries and whipped cream with your syrup--so good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup syrup
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, make a well in centre.
- Beat egg in measuring cup add milk, pour in well in centre of bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with whisk.
- Heat half a teaspoon oil in frying pan, make sure oil is hot, pour a ladle full of batter into pan.
- Fry over med. heat flip when edges are dry and bubbles are coming through top, once flipped press cooked side so the batter squishes out, flip once more.
- Check the middle to make sure its cooked through.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all batter is gone.
- Serve hot with syrup.
This is my new favorite pancake recipe! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Incredibly easy to make! Mixture is quite thick, so better to use electric mixer rather than a whisk. However, they are thick and fluffy!
I found this recipe a year ago. I rated it then but I had to come back and give it 5 stars!! We have 5 children so I double or even triple the recipe. I leave out the sugar and reduce the milk. Quite often I use half white flour and half whole wheat, I find they are still super fluffy and very tasty. They are a Saturday morning tradition now, thank you for a wonderful recipe!!